This time of year makes me want to get organized, and playrooms can be tough rooms to keep under control. So, today I am sharing 5 DIY Playroom Projects that I absolutely love! I have done these projects myself, and they are all easy, inexpensive, and totally cute.
1) Artwork display - Children's artwork deserves to be celebrated, and this DIY artwork display in my boys' playroom is adorable. I decorated some clipboards (using the tutorial you can find here), and crafted some letters (using yarn and the technique you can find here). I love it, don't you?
2) Stuffed animal bean bag chair - This project creates two things... storage and comfy seating. Buy a bean bag chair cover, and fill it with stuffed animals. That's it! Don't you love how easy and practical this project is?
3) DIY artwork - I think a playroom should be decorated with artwork that means something to the children that play in it. So, in my boys' playroom, I created some unique hockey card artwork (that you can read about here), and I framed pictures of the boys at Jedi Training Camp (from our trip to Disney). Fun, right?
4) Toy bins - Every playroom needs a toy storage solution. In our playroom, I created an entire wall of toy bins for my boys. Each bin is labelled with a picture of its' contents. (You can read all about our toy bin labels here.)
5) Book nook - Reading is an important part of childhood, so it is important for every playroom to have a display of books that are easily accessible. I used IKEA spice racks to create this little book nook for my boys (which you can read about in detail here). I also took a photo of a page in one of our favorite books, added a quote from the book with Picmonkey.com, and framed the picture. I think the DIY artwork adds a little extra fun to the space, don't you?
All of these DIY playroom projects are easy, inexpensive, and guaranteed to help you transform your current playroom into a fabulous space in your home. Do you have a favorite DIY playroom project? I'd love to hear all about it.
Gina (aka East Coast Mommy)