I have found the best campfire snack... seriously. The boys and I tried it out last weekend (with our new backyard fire pit), and it turned out fantastic! If you like cinnamon, you are going to love this cinnamon sugar campfire snack.
To make this great alternative to s'mores, you'll need: a marshmallow roasting fork, tin foil, canned biscuit dough, butter, cinnamon, and sugar.
Then, just follow these simple directions:
1) Cover a roasting fork with tin foil.
2) Stretch out a piece of biscuit dough, and wrap it around the roasting fork.
3) Spread some butter over the dough.
4) Sprinkle both sides with a cinnamon/sugar mixture (1/4 cup white sugar and 1/2 tbsp cinnamon)
5) Roast over a very hot fire as close to the heat source as possible until it is no longer "doughy".
6) Allow to cool slightly, and then enjoy!
This is such a delicious alternative to roasting marshmallows. If you give this cinnamon sugar campfire snack a try, let me know what you think.
Gina (aka East Coast Mommy)