1) Know what you are getting - LEGOLAND is not a Disney Park, but it is A LOT of fun, and my boys LOVED it. If you have little ones between the ages of 4 and 10 (that like LEGO), you will NOT be disappointed by this park.
2) Look for discounted tickets - If you plan ahead, you can get real discounts to LEGOLAND. I purchased our tickets online at Costco, but you can also save by "picking a day" and ordering from the LEGOLAND website. I also saw some "buy an adult ticket and get a child admission for free" offers online.
3) Be aware of height restrictions - My tall four year old was able to ride most of the attractions at this park, but you should check ride requirements prior to visiting the park to avoid disappointment.
4) Check the weather - Be aware that most of the rides and attractions at this park are outdoors. If there is rain, many rides and attractions will shut down, so plan accordingly.
5) Buy a fun souvenir - They have fantastic LEGO souvenirs at this park. My favorite was a "build your own mini figure" Christmas ornament that was only $5.99. My boys will love hanging this on our Christmas tree.
6) Start at the back of the park - Arrive early, and start at the back of the park (where the roller coasters are) in order to avoid line ups.
7) Make a plan - There is a water skiing show, character meet and greets, a 4D movie, and other events that occur at specific times. You should work these into your schedule if you don't want to miss them.
8) Be prepared - Every trip to a park is better if you are prepared. Make sure to pack everything you will need for the day. We took a stroller, backpack, water, sandwiches, snacks, sunglasses, sun hats, sweaters, sneakers, sunscreen, and our camera.
9) Dress for success - Before we went to the park, I purchased my boys $7 LEGO shirts from Walmart. The shirts added to the excitement of the day, and my boys looked super-cute in the pictures.
10) Bring LEGO mini-figures to trade - All the workers have LEGO mini-figures on their vests/name tags that they will trade with the park guests. My boys loved trading their mini figures.
Have you ever been to LEGOLAND? What tips would you offer to someone that has never been there?♥
Gina Bell (aka East Coast Mommy)
Disclosure: I received two free tickets in exchange for my honest review of this park. As always, the opinions on this blog are 100% my own.