To make the paper hat:
1) Let your child pick his/her favorite color of construction paper, and tape four pieces together to create one large rectangle.
2) Fold the paper in half lengthwise.
3) Fold the top corners down so that they meet in the middle.
4) Turn up the bottom flap, flip over, and do the same on the other side.
5) Have the child decorate that hat with crayons, markers, or stickers.
That's it! Cute, right?
After our craft, we did a little printing practice. If you want to practice printing the letter H with your little one, you can right-click on the picture below, save it to your computer, and print it.
I made some hot chocolate as a special "h" snack for my little guy to enjoy while he practiced writing the letter H.
If you are looking for more letter H crafts, why not make a house out of a letter H? Use construction paper for the roof, door, and chimney. Then, add a button for a doorknob.
It's also fun to decorate the letter H with "Halloween" stickers and "hearts".
Fun, right? Next up... the letter "I"!
Gina Bell (aka East Coast Mommy)
Find more alphabet crafts here.