Yesterday I made this easy and inexpensive craft with a group of toddlers and preschoolers, and it was a big hit. Don't you just love this adorable Valentine's Day headband?
It is simple to make with a few supplies you probably already have on hand. You'll need: cardstock, tissue paper, stickers or crayons, scissors, and glue.
Here's how you make one:
1) Cut two (2-inch wide) strips and a heart from white cardstock.
2) Cut some read tissue paper into 1-inch squares.
3) Tape the two strips together to form one long strip, and tape the heart to the centre.
4) Have the children decorate the band with stickers or crayons.
5) Have the children scrunch up tissue paper and glue it to the heart. Continue until the entire heart is covered.
6) Size the band to fit the child's head, and tape it in place.
I think this headband is the perfect Valentine's Day craft to do with one child or with a group of kids. If you make one, let me know how it turns out. Happy Valentine's Day!
Gina Bell (aka East Coast Mommy)