Some days you just need a double dose of chocolate in order to make it to bedtime. Am I right? If you ever find yourself in need of a chocolatey "pick me up", this is the perfect recipe for you... double chocolate cake mix cookies.
My version of these easy to make chocolate cookies is adapted from one I found here.
1 (8oz) block of cream cheese at room temperature
1/2 cup butter at room temperature
1tsp pure vanilla extract
1 box Duncan Hines extra moist chocolate fudge cake mix (or another high quality cake mix)
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2) In a large bowl, use an electric mixer to combine the cream cheese and butter until smooth. Then, beat in the egg, the vanilla, and the cake mix.
3) Use a wooden spoon to mix in the chocolate chips.
4) Refrigerate batter for 1 hour.
5) Scoop tablespoons of batter onto an ungreased cookie sheet, and bake for approximately 12 minutes.
Trust me... if you are a chocolate lover, you will not be disappointed by these soft and delicious cookies. They are perfect with a glass of milk!
Gina Bell (aka East Coast Mommy)