1) Don't stress about the mess. Most people understand that a busy mom is not going to have a spotless house. If someone drops in unexpectedly, shove the toys in the playroom, dim the lights (to hide the dust), and relax.
2) Don't be afraid to take shortcuts. If you don't have time to make something fancy, grab something pre-prepared out of the freezer or the pantry.
3) Do keep it simple. You don't need to limit entertaining to elaborate meals. Simple brunches or coffee dates are fun too.
4) Do include the kids. Save on babysitters and spend time with parents and their kids. Why not set up a "movie night" for the kids while the adults have some grown up conversations?
5) Do pay attention to the details. Sometimes something simple (like milk in wine glasses or a hot chocolate bar) can add a really fun festive touch.
What are some of your ideas for easy and cozy entertaining?
Gina (aka East Coast Mommy)
Disclosure: I’m a contributor to the McCain All Good Blog, and I receive special perks as part of my affiliation with this group, but (of course!) the opinions on this blog are my own.