Birthday Letter to my Eight Year Old (First Born) Son

Today my oldest son turns eight, and I am continuing my tradition of writing my boys letters on their birthdays.  I wish all of you could meet my sweet birthday boy.  He really is one of a kind.  :-)  

To my sweet boy,

I can't think about you without the word "angel" popping into my head.  You really are a special boy with a kind heart, and you make me proud every day.  Here are a few of the things that make you the darling eight year old that you have become:
  • You love to watch, play, and talk about hockey.  I see a lot of cold rinks in my future.
  • You are very talented musically.  You love choir and playing the guitar, and you even write your own songs -- and they are really good!
  • You love to draw and write stories.
  • You try hard at everything you do.  You have incredible focus and love to practice when you are learning something new.
  • You still call me "Mommy", and I love it.
  • You still aren't embarrassed to kiss me good-bye when I drop you off at school.
  • You have a lot of friends, but your brothers are definitely your best buddies. 
  • You are reading Harry Potter, and you are excited about the fun stuff we are doing for your Harry Potter birthday party. 
  • You would eat peanut butter sandwiches for every meal if I would let you.
  • Your favorite color is red, your hockey number is 11, and you want to be a hockey player when you grow up.
Happy birthday my sweet angel.  You may be eight, but you will always be my first baby.

Lots of Love,

If there ever comes a day when we can't be together, keep me in your heart, I'll stay there forever. -- Winnie the Pooh

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE to hear from you.. Please leave me your comments below... and log in or leave me your email address if you would like a response.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...