Simple Halloween Cupcakes

When it comes to decorating cupcakes with my boys, I like to keep things simple.  I set everything out, I give them some options, and then I let them get to work.  Here is what they came up with yesterday:


For their creations, they used:  cupcakes, icing, Oreo cookie crumbs, candy corn, tombstone cookies, and gummy fingers.  


This was my favorite -- a simple tombstone cupcake.


To make tombstone cupcakes, we started by using icing to write "RIP" on some rectangle-shaped cookies.  Then, we frosted cupcakes, dipped them in Oreo cookie crumbs (dirt), and inserted tombstone cookies.  Cute, right?


My boys love decorating Halloween cupcakes.  Do you have a favorite Halloween treat that you make each year with your little ones?


Gina (aka East Coast Mommy)

2 comments:

  1. Those are super cute!

    Feel free to come link your post up on my Halloween LINKY!
    http://www.multitestingmommy.com/2013/10/ideas-for-halloween-round-up-and-linky.html

    ReplyDelete

Don't miss any of the fun....