With all our after-school activities, there are many nights I need a "quick supper". I love this recipe (which my husband calls "bacon pie") because it is delicious and easy to prepare.
I cook the bacon ahead of time, so when we get home from swimming lessons or hockey practice, I throw the ingredients together quickly and pop it in the oven. By the time the boys are finished with their showers and baths, supper is on the table. Easy! Here's the recipe...
12 slices of bacon (cooked and crumbled up)
1 tsp onion powder
1 cup old cheddar cheese
2 cups 1% milk
1 cup biscuit mix
4 large eggs
1/8 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp salt
1) Lightly grease a large pie plate.
2) Layer bacon, onion powder and cheese on the pie plate.
3) Beat milk, biscuit mix, eggs, pepper, and salt until smooth. Then, pour the mixture into the plate.
4) Bake at 400 degrees for 35 to 45 minutes... until a knife stuck into the middle of the quiche comes out clean.
5) Let stand for 5-10 minutes, cut and serve.
My husband and I have the quiche with salad or asparagus... but my fussy boys have it with fruit. Either way, it's delicious.
What is your favorite weeknight "quick and easy" meal? I am always looking for new ideas.
Gina (aka East Coast Mommy)