A New Spin on Mexican... tortillas for dessert

As an Old El Paso Ambassador, I was given a fun challenge this month... "come up with a post that shows how I make Mexican my own".  So, today I am sharing a delicious and simple Mexican-inspired snack -- Cinnamon Tortillas Crisps.


Tacos make a great weeknight meal, but this week, we "took it up a notch" by adding a fun Mexican inspired dessert to Taco Tuesday.  These Cinnamon Sugar Tortillas Crisps (that my seven year old made all by himself) were a big hit with my boys.  Here's how easy they are to make:


1)  Cut fun shapes out of tortillas using cookie cutters.
2)  Place the tortillas on a parchment lined cookie sheet.
3)  Brush tortillas with melted butter.
4)  Sprinkle tortillas with cinnamon sugar (1/4 cup sugar and 1/2 tbsp cinnamon).
5)  Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes.

I served my Cinnamon Sugar Tortilla Crisps with vanilla ice cream, chocolate sauce and bananas... but they are yummy plain too.  I think this is a fun and easy dessert to add to any Mexican meal, don't you?  How do you spice up your dinner table?


Gina (aka East Coast Mommy)

Disclosure – I am participating in the Old El Paso Ambassador Program by Mom Central Canada on behalf of Old El Paso. I received compensation as a thank you for participating and for sharing my honest opinion. The opinions on this blog are my own.

7 comments:

  1. Those look really good. We're planning on getting some apples this week, and I always have tortillas. I might try it with apples.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be delicious. I love cinnamon and apples. :-)

      Delete
  2. What a great idea! We will have to try this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's easy, yummy, and fun! Let me know how it goes. :-)

      Delete
  3. Seriously, what a fun idea! My boys would love to help me make and eat these! Pinning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! It was fun... and I am already thinking about what cookie cutters we are going to use next. :-)

      Delete
  4. Those look yummy!
    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete

Don't miss any of the fun....