As an Old El Paso Ambassador, I was given a fun challenge this month... "come up with a post that shows how I make Mexican my own". So, today I am sharing a delicious and simple Mexican-inspired snack -- Cinnamon Tortillas Crisps.
Tacos make a great weeknight meal, but this week, we "took it up a notch" by adding a fun Mexican inspired dessert to Taco Tuesday. These Cinnamon Sugar Tortillas Crisps (that my seven year old made all by himself) were a big hit with my boys. Here's how easy they are to make:
1) Cut fun shapes out of tortillas using cookie cutters.
2) Place the tortillas on a parchment lined cookie sheet.
3) Brush tortillas with melted butter.
4) Sprinkle tortillas with cinnamon sugar (1/4 cup sugar and 1/2 tbsp cinnamon).
5) Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes.
I served my Cinnamon Sugar Tortilla Crisps with vanilla ice cream, chocolate sauce and bananas... but they are yummy plain too. I think this is a fun and easy dessert to add to any Mexican meal, don't you? How do you spice up your dinner table?
Gina (aka East Coast Mommy)
Disclosure – I am participating in the Old El Paso Ambassador Program by Mom Central Canada on behalf of Old El Paso. I received compensation as a thank you for participating and for sharing my honest opinion. The opinions on this blog are my own.