Around here, we LOVE playing Pirates, so I thought I would share my Top 5 Pirate Play Ideas:
1) Make your own pirate costume - You can follow the tutorial for my "no sew" Jake costume here (including a template for a cardboard sword), or you can just cut up some old jeans and shirts to look like ragged pirate clothes.
2) Make a pirate craft - You can color a pirate picture, or you can try making our mod podge pirate treasure chest. (You can find the full tutorial here.)
3) Read some pirate books - If you don't already have a book shelf full of pirate stories, head to the library and check out some new pirate adventures.
4) Have a pirate lunch - Pirates love fish, and these fish sandwiches ARRRRR! almost too cute to eat. Little pirates will love these peanut butter sandwiches cut out in the shape of fish (with chocolate chip eyes).
5) Enjoy a special pirate treat - Every pirate adventure ends with a treasure, and these Gold Doubloon cupcakes are the perfect pirate treat. (You can find the tutorial here.)
Fun, right? Do your little ones enjoy going on pirate adventures?
Gina (aka East Coast Mommy)