{simple} Magic Trick for Kids

One of the items on our Summer Checklist is "learn a new joke or magic trick".  Magic tricks can be tough for little ones, but this one is really simple and lots of fun.  (It is based on one I found at HowDoesShe.com.)

Here's how my boys used "magic words" to turn clear liquid into a colorful magic potion.

Step 1 - Put a couple drops of food coloring onto spoons.
Step 2 - Cover the food coloring with baking soda.
Step 3 - Fill glasses (half full) of vinegar.
Step 4 - While saying magic words, stir the baking soda into the vinegar.

The kids will love watching the clear liquid turn into a colorful and foamy fountain.

Do you think your little ones would love fooling friends with this simple magic trick?

Gina (aka East Coast Mommy)


  1. So fun! Can't wait to try it. I think I may have to do some magic to my kids before I show them how. They will LOVE it! Thanks! Pinning. :)


I LOVE to hear from you.. Please leave me your comments below... and log in or leave me your email address if you would like a response.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...