Two of my boys had a Lego party today, and they each requested their own cake. My 4 year old wanted a "Lego Brick" cake, and my 6 year old wanted a "Lego Ninjago" cake. I have never taken a cake decorating course, so I like cakes that are easy to make.
The designs are pretty simple, but I think they turned out cute, don't you?
Here is how I made the Lego Ninjago Cake:
1) I made a double layer round cake.
2) I frosted the cake with red icing, and made sure it wasn't too smooth so it looked like cloth wrapped around his head.
3) I used a piping bag to show the yellow face showing through, and I added some black "ninja" eyes (with black gel icing).
Here is how I made the Lego Brick Cake:
1) I made a rectangular cake in 9 X 13 cake pan.
2) I frosted the cake with blue icing.
3) I covered two Oreo cookies with blue icing and stuck them on the cake. (I did this six times.)
I am not going to win any prizes with these Lego cakes, but the birthday boys were happy, and that is the most important thing. :-)
Gina Bell (aka East Coast Mommy)