Birthday Letter to my Four Year Old "Baby"

Every year I write birthday letters to each of my boys on their birthdays.  It is my way of capturing the little details that I don't want to forget when they are older.  Today, my "baby" boy turns four, and here is why he is so special to me...


To my sweet baby boy,

I can hardly believe you are turning four and this is our last year at home together before you start school.  The years are passing so quickly, but I am enjoying every minute of being your mommy.  Here are a few of the little things that make you the special little boy that you are:
  • You love to cuddle, and you always ask Daddy or I to sing you a "soft song" at bedtime.
  • When you grow up you want to be a race car driver and an "X-men" hockey player.
  • You are really funny, and you are always making Daddy and I (and your "brudders") laugh.
  • Your favorite color is green, and your favorite show is "Jack and the Neverland Pirates".
  • You love music, and always request "The Beatles" when we are driving in the van.  (You like to pretend that you are George.)
  • You finished your first year of Preschool this year... and although you were scared in the beginning, you learned to love it and made lots of friends.
  • Your brothers are your best friends, and you love to play hockey, have dinky car races, pretend to be Star Wars characters, have pirate adventures, and run around the yard together.
  • You started swimming lessons this year, and you love the water.
  • This is your first summer playing soccer, and you are super-proud to have a real jersey... like your brothers.
  • You love having stories read to you, and you think Wacky Wednesday (by Dr. Seuss) is hilarious.
  • You are hungry all the time, but you are usually just looking for crackers (although you are getting much better at trying new foods).
  • You love to play with my hair (especially when you are sleepy).
  • Every night you cuddle up with "big blanket" and your monkeys before you go to sleep.
I love you all the way to the moon and back... plus a little more with every year that passes.

Love, 
Mommy
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't miss any of the fun....