Banana Muffins {with a cinnamon twist}

A couple of months ago, I shared my mom's {no fail} banana bread recipe.  I have been making this recipe for years, but I have never tried using it to make banana muffins... until now.  

I am happy to say, the muffins turned out to be delicious.  I modified the recipe slightly and added a yummy cinnamon streusel topping.  Here's the "how to":

1)  Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

2)  Whisk together the following dry ingredients:
  • 2 cups flour
  • 1/2 cup white sugar
  • 3 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp cinnamon

3)  Beat together:
  • 1 egg
  • 3/4 cup milk
  • 1/4 cup vegetable oil
  • 1 1/2 cup mashed ripe bananas (and mashing bananas is a great job for little helpers)

4)  Mix wet and dry ingredients until combined, and scoop batter into lined muffin tins (about 3/4 full).

5)  Top each cupcake with approximately 1 tbsp of streusel mixture.  (3/4 cup light brown sugar, 2/3 cup flour, 1/2 tsp cinnamon, and 1/2 cold butter… mixed together with a pastry blender).  Note:  The streusel portion of this recipe was adapted from a recipe for cinnamon streusel loaf (that I found on  the Canadian Living website).

6)  Bake for 25-30 minutes.

Do you think you will give this recipe a try?  Let me know how they turn out.

Gina Bell (aka East Coast Mommy)

*This recipe was originally included as part of a mother's day post on the Canadian Living Moms Blog.


  1. Mmmm, these sound awesome!! Thanks for sharing at Simple Supper Tuesday!

  2. Found you through 36th Avenue Party Time. Love your blog!

    I would love for you to share and link up at my TGIF Link Party.

    Please, invite your friends to party too! The more the merrier!

    Hugs, Cathy


I LOVE to hear from you.. Please leave me your comments below... and log in or leave me your email address if you would like a response.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...