Here's the recipe:
1) Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2) In a medium bowl, whisk together the following dry ingredients:
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour (increase to 2 1/3 cups if you like your cookies a little thicker)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
3) In a separate bowl, use electric beaters to combine the following:
- 1 cup butter (at room temperature... NOT melted)
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
4) Add 2 large eggs and 2 teaspoons real vanilla extract to the butter/sugar mixture. Beat with electric beaters until well combined.
5) Using a wooden spoon, mix wet and dry ingredients together (just until combined). Then, add 2 cups of chocolate chips. (I like semi-sweet, but you can use whatever you like.)
6) Drop tablespoon-size balls onto a Silpat or parchment lined cookie sheet, and bake for approx. 10 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
Gina Bell (aka East Coast Mommy)
Note: If you notice that your cookies are flattening out, try putting the batter in the fridge for half an hour before baking. Also, use fresh baking soda, don't melt the butter, and don't put batter onto a hot cookie sheet.