1) Mix together the following dry ingredients, and set aside:
- 3 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup shredded sweetened coconut
- 1/4 tsp salt
2) Put the following ingredients in a saucepan, and bring to a boil:
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
3) Remove from heat, and stir in dry ingredients.
4) Before the mixture starts to dry out, drop the mixture from heaping teaspoons onto wax paper, and add three candy covered chocolate eggs to the middle of each cookie. Allow to cool completely.
These cookies are easy, delicious, and cute... definitely a must for this time of year. For an extra special treat... you can use them to garnish cupcakes. So yummy!
Do you have a favorite Easter Cookie recipe? This one is definitely at the top of my list!
Gina Bell (aka East Coast Mommy)