DIY Valentine's Day Decor {With Free Printable}

Who doesn't love fun and frugal holiday decor?  I put together this cute vignette on my hall table for less than $7 using dollar store purchases and some things I had lying around the house.


Cute, right?  Here's the way it broke down:  Felt signs $1.25 each, garland for inside glass container $1, dollar store frame $2, and dollar store bucket filled with chocolates $1 {for a grand total of $6.50}.

I think the the three DIY elements are what make it so much fun. 

1)  The "Happy Valentine's Day" sign I made using Picmonkey.  {You can download your own copy here.}


 2)  The Love Bugs my boys made last year.  {You can find the full tutorial here.}


3)  The Valentine's Day Vase that I made using an old baby sock.  I cut the foot off the sock, slipped the sock onto a vase I already had, and used a glue gun to add a felt heart and button.  {I was inspired by a project I saw here.}



I hope you love these little projects as much as I do.  Happy Valentine's Day!

♥ 
Gina (aka East Coast Mommy)

1 comment:

  1. This is awesome! Beautiful and thrifty--just my type of project! I challenged myself to be "Frugal in February" over on my blog; I'm only doing projects with items I have on hand. It has already made for some fun MacGuyver-ing! :)
    I found you at the Sassy Little Lady "Show and Tell Saturday" party. Thanks for sharing your creativity with us!

    ~Abby =)

    ReplyDelete

Don't miss any of the fun....