Felt Snowflake Wreath

I have wreaths for Christmas, Valentine's Day and Easter, but I am always looking for something I can hang on my front door when  holiday wreaths aren't appropriate.  So... I decided to make something for the winter months... a felt snowflake wreath.



Isn't it pretty?  I cut a snowflake shape out of foam core from the dollar store {using an x-acto knife}.  Then, I made a ton of felt roses and used a glue gun to attach the flowers to the snowflake.  I finished it off by attaching a silver ribbon for a little sparkle.

If you want to make one, here is a tutorial on how to make the flowers:

1)  Using a CD as a template, cut out a bunch of felt circles.  {The number you need will depend on the size of your snowflake.}


2)  Using sharp scissors, cut each circle into a "swirl".  {See the picture below.}


3)  Start on the outside of the "swirl" and wrap the felt until you form a flower.


4)  Apply some glue to the bottom of the flower, and secure the end of the felt "swirl".  {You can give the flower a little "trim" if you like, or you can leave it as it is.}



What do you put on your front door in between "holidays"?  Now that I have a winter wreath I like, I better get to work on one for Spring.  :-)

♥ 
Gina Bell (aka East Coast Mommy)

* You can find me on facebook here.

Note:  Because the base is made of foam core... make sure the wreath is sheltered from the elements.  Foam core does not hold up well if it gets really wet.

9 comments:

  1. Your snowflake wreath is fabulous. I love that it is all rosettes.
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so creative. I love this!

    Hopping by and following your lovely blog's twitter, FB, and Pinterest. I blog @ Lipoid Pneumonia, Breast Cancer & Petroleum Jelly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute! I love felt flowers and the idea of a winter snowflake wreath.
    KC

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh isn't that pretty. Great idea, thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, very pretty! What patience you have to make all those rolls!
    I just started a new link party and would love if you would come on over and share your post or social media sites. http://designeddecor.com/talkin-about-thursday-link-party4/

    DeDe@DesignedDecor

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty! And that would probably be the only snow we get around here! I love the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How darling!!! Love your snowflake wreath! Thanks so much for sharing the great tutorial! Would love to have you visit me sometime.
    Have a fabulous week!
    Hugs from Portugal,

    Ana Love Craft
    www.lovecraft2012.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so pretty! You make it look so easy that I may just have to try it! I've always wanted to make my own wreath but I never knew where to get started. Thanks for linking up to my Family Fun Friday!

    ReplyDelete

Don't miss any of the fun....