Magic Jelly Beans (free printable envelope)

What is better than a bowl full of jelly beans -- an envelope filled with magic jelly beans (of course!). When it comes to celebrating holidays with children, a little magic goes a long way. In our house: at Halloween we plant magic pumpkin seeds, at Christmas our Elf on the Shelf brings us magic elf seeds, and at Easter the Easter Bunny leaves magic jelly beans in my boys' Easter baskets. 


Fun, right? Here's what the envelope looks like, and it's filled with jelly beans.


I've seen a few seed packet templates on Pinterest, but I wanted our jelly beans to come from the Easter Bunny, so I came up with my own design. (To download my magic jelly bean envelope for free, click here.)



As per the Easter Bunny's instructions, you need to plant the jelly beans in sugar, and the next morning there will be a sweet surprise. 


Our jelly beans grew into chocolate flowers, but any sort of sucker would work.


What could be more fun than jelly beans that grow into chocolate flowers or another Easter treat? Magic jelly beans are a fun and easy way to add a little magic to the holidays. I hope your little one finds one of these special envelopes in his/her basket on Easter morning.

♥ 
Gina Bell (aka East Coast Mommy)


7 comments:

  1. I had to look at this idea. my boys don't like jelly beans, but love chocolate and the past few years I've left some magic chocolate beans out for them in the mailbox. It says to plant them the night before easter for a special surprise on easter morning and then I put out chocolate lollipops before the egg hunt. when they were 3 this was unbelievably amazing to watch their eyes at the wonder of magic beans.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds like a lot of fun. My boys don't really love jelly beans either ... but that is OK, as these ones are for planting, not for eating. :-)

      Delete
  2. ooooooo...how fun!! I love sweet surprises :) I bet your kiddos just loved that!! Thanks for sharing this at Sharing Saturday. hope to see you again next time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was featured at Sharing Saturday this week as a most clicked entry :)

    http://www.mamamiasheart2heart.com/2012/04/sharing-saturday-15.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is awesome - do you have a recipe for the chocolate flowers or are those store bought - thank you for your help - and we are looking forward to this "jellybean planting"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just melted chocolate wafers and put them into a candy mold. Have fun! :-)

      Delete

Don't miss any of the fun....