Simple is Better {Winter Fun}

My boys teach me a lot of things -- the most recent lesson being -- "often, simple is better".  Today, I want to share two REALLY simple and super-fun things you can do with your kids.

1)  Snow Painting -  All you need is a spray bottle filled with water and a few drops of food coloring.  The kids will have a ball using the snow as their canvas.  {I know mine did.}



2)  Glow in the Dark Bathtime - All you need to do is throw a bunch of glow sticks into the bathtub.  Does it get any easier than that?  We did this last night, and my boys thought it was awesome!  {Seriously awesome!}


So... this weekend, give one of these activities a try.  It takes very little effort, and your kids will have a ball... guaranteed.

♥ 
Gina Bell (aka East Coast Mommy)

8 comments:

  1. I do the same thing with my kids in the snow! I remember my parents doing the same thing with us :) The glow sticks is an awesome idea, thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are going to try the glow sticks tonight...my almost 5 yr old is pretty excited. And as soon as we get some snow (which may or may not be this weekend! lol) we are going to paint the snow. Sounds like lots of fun. Thanks for all the good ideas!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! I am going to try this tonight!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the creativity with simple things here! I have 3 young nieces that range from 4 weeks old to 12 years old and I'm sure all 3 of them would enjoy these activities :D Thanks for the great ideas! -Kate

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a good point. I am lucky because there is only 3 1/2 years in between my oldest and youngest, so they all enjoy a lot of the same activities. Have fun with your nieces!

      Delete
  5. Im new to your page and LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!! we do the glowstick baths and the kiddos are in pure heaven!!! Target usually has a container of 15 in the $1 section right when you walk in....i always stock up:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish we had some snow here, my kids would love to go out and play in that, I love the wall!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this! So simple and fun! Thanks for sharing on the Outdoor Play Party.

    ReplyDelete

Don't miss any of the fun....