The Hungry Caterpillar

I love to cuddle up and read with my boys.  I think a love of books is a great gift you can give your children.  We have a lot of favorites around here, but "The Hungry Caterpillar" is definitely one of our staples.


While we were reading it the other day, I was reminded of a craft I made when I was a kid.... caterpillars out of egg cartons.  {Don't you just love nostalgic crafts?}

It is a simple craft, but the kids loved it!


I just gave the kids an empty egg carton, and let them color it with markersThen, they added some googly eyes and pipe cleaner antennae.  

You can also help your caterpillar "turn into a butterfly" by adding some wings made of cardstock.

What are some of your favorite books to read with your children?  I am always looking for new stories {aka "excuses to cuddle up on the couch with the boys"}.

♥ 
Gina Bell (aka East Coast Mommy)
  
"Children are made readers on the laps of their parents.” 
E Buchwald.

4 comments:

  1. Such a cute idea! My kids love that book and love to make crafts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way it's become a butterfly you could even hide the wings inside the cones of the carton and fold them out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a clever idea. I will definitely try that next time. :-)

      Delete
  3. Wow! Very cute and adorable. Awesome and perfect for the kids! I really loved the materials you put to complete the features the caterpillar. We did an Egg Carton Color Sorting Activity game out of the same materials you used. You should check it out! :)
    EarlyLearning.Momtrusted.com: Preschool Egg Carton Color Sorting Activity

    ReplyDelete

Don't miss any of the fun....