My oldest "baby" turns six today. Why does six seem so much older than five? It hurts my heart a little to see him getting so grown up, but I am so proud of the little boy he is growing up to be.
Earlier this year, I came up with the idea of writing letters to my boys each year on their birthdays. Here is my birthday letter to my darling first born son:
You are such a special boy.... my little angel. Here are just a few of the things that make you my favorite six year old in the whole wide world. :-)
- You have a kind heart, and you always want to help others.
- You are an awesome big brother. You are patient and kind, and your little brothers love you very much... and they love all the adventures you take them on.
- Your little boy laugh (especially when Daddy tickles you) makes me smile.
- You always try your best and give 100% when trying anything new.
- You love to draw (and you are great with detail). Every day when you get home from school, you ask me for a piece of paper and a peanut butter sandwich.
- Your favorite movie is The Fox and the Hound, your favorite food is a peanut butter sandwich, and your favorite sport is Hockey.
- You have lots of friends, and you love when the girls chase you at recess.
- You still let me kiss and hug you when I drop you off at school. I know it won't last forever, but I cherish every one I am getting now.
Happy Birthday, Sweetheart! You may be six, but you will always be my first baby.
Lots of Love,